The Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) are India’s most prominent engineering and technical institutes, offering internationally acknowledged engineering and technological education. IITs have built a world-class educational foundation that is actively supported by a great teaching environment and globally recognized research, as well as excellent facilities and the finest available brains, over the years.
WHAT IS IIT JEE?
The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is held every year by the IITs to choose students for the 4-year B.Tech, B.Pharm, 5-year B.Arch, Integrated M.Sc., and M.Tech programs. JEE Main and JEE Advanced are two levels of the IIT JEE, which is a national-level engineering admission test. JEE Main is a screening test that determines who will be qualified to take JEE Advanced, which is the ultimate exam that determines who will be admitted to famous IITs.
HOW SHOULD ONE PREPARE FOR CHEMISTRY FOR IIT JEE?
The most rewarding of the three sections that make up the JEE Main questions in chemistry. As a result, students must pay close attention to the topic and complete it thoroughly. The following are some strategies to follow in order to prepare for JEE Main chemistry section.
- To begin with, students must carefully examine all the sections and determine which ones will require additional attention. Aspirants will have a better understanding of the curriculum if attention is allotted to such areas.
- There are three sections of chemistry in IIT JEE: Inorganic, Organic and Physical chemistry. Always remember that all three sections of chemistry are linked; you can’t neglect any of them, which means you’ll need to study and comprehend all three. If you want to do well, you must have a firm grasp of each component. It is often recommended that before moving on to the Inorganic and Organic Sections, one should start with Physical Chemistry.
- One of the most crucial parts of preparing for JEE Main Chemistry is being consistent with your preparation. As the topics are so broad and theoretical, students will need to study on a daily basis to stay on track. A learner can only memorize all the topics if he/she devotes regular attention.
- While studying for the Chemistry portion, it is important to memorize fundamental aspects of the topic, such as the Periodic Table, Atomic Weights, Atomic Symbols, and Atomic Numbers. This saves a lot of time in preparation for the exam and greatly expands the possibilities for scoring high marks. A large chunk of chemistry, such as specific reactions and bonds, must be memorized thoroughly. This will assist the applicant in achieving a higher score while also saving time.
- Once an aspirant has begun full-fledged preparation, he/she must double-check the correctness of the answers and incorporate strategies to improve in this area. Apart from that, aspirants should work on improving their speed, as time plays a critical role in JEE Main exam. Solving some problems in less time allows the student to devote that time to the Physics and Mathematics portions of the paper, as well as to evaluate the answers once the paper is completed.
- Practicing previous year’s question papers and taking mock exams is certainly one of the most crucial aspects of any exam preparation. Practicing allows students to see which areas they need to concentrate on and how they should approach a topic. It is usually preferable to have a general grasp of the kind of questions that will be asked on the test so that the student is psychologically prepared and understands how to approach them. As a result, practicing previous papers on a regular basis is an essential part of preparing for JEE Main Chemistry and achieving a good rank.
- For JEE Main Chemistry, it is advisable to study only from NCERT textbooks. Referring to several textbooks, wastes time while attempting to understand the language and creates incoherence. When students study the books from different authors, they may become confused since different approaches of teaching may contradict each other.
IIT JEE is an exam that focuses on testing applicants on their skillsets. Having a stronghold on fundamental concepts, patience, perseverance, and ambition are some things that are required to clear the exam and secure admission in the prestigious IITs.
Yourbuk provides the right guidance to students for sailing the chemistry section of the exam. Yourbuk is an intuitive ed-tech platform dedicated to helping students get access to the best teachers, their teaching, and content developed by themselves across the nation.